Sunday, October 23, 2011

Me!

Brenda Tyson
English 102
Laura Cline
October 23, 2011

For whom this may concern...

     My biggest challenge in this class so far has been understanding poems I have never really had to so it
took me a while to truly understand it. I had to read it probably about ten times, the last draft I did in the hospital when my mom was in surgery. All I had was my phone which I am glad it has a word app on it.
     I think the biggest success finally understood the poem even though being stressed out about my mom, I think when you’re not thinking about it is when you finally understand it.
     The reading in the class has made me see I can actually understand what’s in front of me it just takes time and patience. Its something I am totally not good at been I think with the things that are put in front of you are lessons for the future.
     Analysis is totally different then anything I have done before but that’s what school is about learning things you have never done before. Writing has always came hard to me and its not always the great thing but I don’t give up and make excuse for myself.
     Goals for the second part of this class are hopefully nothing else happens that makes me have to hurry in doing it. I missed one assignment because my mom had to be taken to the hospital. I am always wishing the English came easy to me, at times it is but when I have to write about things I don’t really understand is hard. Like I could talk about the military, kids etc but when having to do a poem I was lost.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with understanding poems as being a difficult thing. I have never been a big poem person and I have had 2 classes this semester where I either have to write or read poems. I really need to rethink what classes I am taking next semester.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete