Sunday, October 9, 2011

Revision!

I believe that revising is the hardest thing when it comes to writing a paper, and it’s totally not my favorite thing. When you have to fix your paper you’re always hard on yourself and think all of it’s bad. That’s totally what I do when I was revising my paper; I have to read my paper over and over. When reading my paper I didn’t like it at all so I started all over, and just keep reading the poem until I finally figured what to write. My week hasn’t been the best so I decided I would do a paragraph at a time, my phone has a notepad on it so when I got good ideas I would just write them down. I even did this when I was watching a YC soccer game, I can’t just sit at a computer and come up with good ideas I like walking, reading, listening to music, etc.  I don’t really revise my paper I ask friends or family to look at them, I always think something wrong. The benefits of revising are finding out if the story really makes since and if it’s any good. You even want to make sure everything is spelled right, yes you have spell check on your computer but you have to make sure you are using the right word. I have never really been good at writing papers, and never did anything with poems. Going to high school my English teachers always did essays so this was the first time I really had to sit down to figure out a poem. It’s totally not my favorite thing to do but I did it. I actually liked this poem just wish it was about something I liked and cared about, like poems about military and 9/11. When writing something I have to be into it but I am glad classes make students go outside there comfort zones.





No comments:

Post a Comment