Sunday, November 6, 2011

Werewolves!

My first site I found about werewolves is the Wikipedia it has some really interesting facts about werewolves like etymology, folk beliefs, and origin of werewolf beliefs. I have never really looked up them before so it was interesting finding sites I actually liked and that had good information. I believe this is the website I am going to use mostly being it has so much information. Like this also says that werewolves continue to be in modern culture and fiction, with books, films and television shows.( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werewolf
Most everyone has heard of the twilight series that’s one of the hugest things going around these days.

The next site I found I thought was really cool but I didn’t find the person that wrote it, it listed this from the definition, origin, types, mythology, history and powers. The powers part just sounded really cool so I think that’s going to be one of the things I talk about in this paper. It says that werewolves are immune from aging and from most physical diseases. (http://werewolves.monstrous.com/werewolves_powers/) I think really anyone would want that just so they could live longer and never get sick. But all this is fiction so it won’t happen but it would so be nice if people never got sick or got cancer.

Then the last site I found was totally interesting to me, I tried finding a different one but it seems to be really hard to find a good site. I don’t really know if I will use anything from this site because most of what is wrote is just repeating from the other two sites I listed. The only cool thing about this site is the pictures it has on it. That’s really all I would use for this site but it was a lot of fun looking up werewolves. Another thing that was cool is talked about getting bitten by a werewolf, nothing its fiction kind of stinks but it still is really cool to find out about them.

Sites:
Wikipedia “Internet Source” <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werewolf>
Werewolves: The myths and the truths “Internet Source”<http://alam25.tripod.com/portrait.htm>
Monstrous.com “Internet Source” <http://werewolves.monstrous.com/>

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda,
    I really liked the topic choice you choose to write your paper about. Werewolves have many different interpretation all over the world and i'm sure you have many places to look for sources and information. I agree with you Wiki is a great site and really helps when trying to get the basic facts about something. Just be careful with wiki, not everyone allows it as a source. Have fun and good luck with your paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda,

    Good topic!! Werewolves have so many different perceptions about them. It seems like you have a few good sources to make a great paper. Be careful with Wiki however, maybe start with that information and just make sure you can back it up with other sources that state the same things, who knows you may be able to find some other great sites!!

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the topic of werewolves is interesting too, and I am also fascinated how it almost always seems to correlate with vampire myths as well and how they are usually sworn enemies. In my sources for my paper on vampires, all of them also have werewolves that are usually a major part of the story (Twilight saga, True Blood TV show and The Vampire Diaries TV show) I am curious to learn how the whole vampire werewolf feud began.

    ReplyDelete