Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fairy-tales!

             
             After reading all these poems about five times, I finally decided to read Fairytale Logic by A.E. Stallings one more time and that’s when I thought about my childhood and all the stories everyone wished would come true like Cinderella where the prince came to rescue her. As a child we feel like we are escaping in a whole different world and want our prince to come save us.
            “You have to believe that you have something impossible up your sleeve” (line 10) is my favorite line of this poem. With all the fairytale stories I read as a child I never believed in this, I always felt I wasn’t worth anything and no one was going to love me. After awhile and a lot of people telling me otherwise I started to finally believe I could do anything I put my mine to. The day I graduated high school I knew it was true, so I am a big believer that you have something impossible up your sleeve.
            “The will to do whatever must be done” (line 13) this line makes me think about my friend. She is one amazing person and she has the will to do anything even if she is sick. People have amazing will to do anything, and at times you feel like that person is a super women or man.
            Growing up with all these fairy-tales children start believing that there parents or grandparents are these magic super hero’s that have all these cool powers. At times it’s a great feeling because it makes children feel like nothing will happen in the world. Fairy-tales make children believe so many things like you can marry a monster like beauty and the beast. Stories like that make children think that what is inside is what really matters. You would think that when we were little we were already getting life lessons. 

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/disney-princess/images/6248828/title/cinderella-wallpaper-wallpaper 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda, Its true how we sometimes try to space from out world creating a better place where there is no pain, and happy ending is the every day life. I’m sorry you had to go trough a difficult time in your child hood, but glad you are seeing things “outside the box”
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete