Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Good Readers Good Writers"




Nabokov said this " A good reader, a major reader, an active and creative reader is a re reader"...I feel he is right about this, when I read a book for the second time I understand it better then the first time. He gives a list of what makes a good reader which I found interesting and how he says pick four of them. What makes a good reader is different for everyone I feel a good reader is someone that understands what the writer is talking about. At times it can be hard to fully understand what a writer is trying to get across. I feel that I am a okay reader, the problem I have is writing but I guess that's what English classes are for.

Link: http://www.randomhouse.com/features/nabokov

2 comments:

  1. I also believe that he was right about a good reader being a re reader. I to understand things better the second time around. At times I even discover things that maybe I didn't pay close enough attention to the first time. When I dont understand something that's when I usually get my dictionary out and write some notes. I like to read but like you I have difficulty in writing. So good luck to you!! I know I'm going to need it!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda,
    First of all, you must absolutely have a great heart to love kids as much as you say you do. I love kids too, especially my little 7 year old brother, and I find it so sad that some people just can't stand to be around kids. Just keep being the loving caring person that you are and you will be loved by all!
    Now, to school. I really enjoyed reading your post and found it very interesting that you said that the list of being a good reader is different for every reader. This is so true for me, for instance, I absolutely can't read a book with a dictionary sitting in my lap:) For some reason it makes me feel so incompetent. How about you, were there some things Nakobov wrote about good readers that just wasn't you? Thanks for the post and I hope to figure out a way to become a follower on your blog because I am not very tech savvy!
    Patricia McNerney

    ReplyDelete